Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An introduction, of sorts

With the passing of 2010 I had a chance to reflect on my current state of being, and I was overall pleased. I eclipsed 29 years uneventfully, enjoyed a year of weight loss, business success and general "good times". While traveling to and from Texas for Christmas, I had a chance to read a nice book, and I decided that I would challenge myself this year to reading a book a week; 52 books, 52 weeks.

Now as some of you may know I graduated from Fresno State with a degree in English, so I guess you could say I enjoy reading. During my schooling I read and wrote at a vigorous pace, eclipsing thousands of pages a semester. However, since graduating the only reading I have done has generally been sports websites, Facebook, or the Bible. I resolved to change this and document the process. This page will be fairly structured with reviews and thoughts on the books I'm reading. I have a list of books that will make their way through my reading log, but I am always open to suggestions! As you follow along feel free to submit your recommendation, and I'll do my best to include it.

Lastly, as a visitor to the page you may ask, "What's up with the bear?" Well, it's a nickname that was given to me by friends and has become my go-to moniker. So much so that friends on Facebook will tag any picture that has a bear in it as a picture of me. I don't mind, I think it's great.

So there you have it, the reason for this blogs existence, a little about me and a goal. 52 books, 52 weeks. Later this week I'll be debuting my review of Jay-Z's "Decoded"
, a book that I read on the plane and which spawned the idea for this blog. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment